Friday, October 26, 2012

PMQG Meeting

The Portland Modern Quilt Guild October meeting just happend to fall during MQX.   I had the opportunity to go to the meeting and wanted to share some of the meeting with you.
 
Angela Walters was the presenter and it was especially fantastic because I was able to take a class from her earlier that day.
 
 
She learned to quilt from her husband's grandfather and like most of us didn't really know what she was getting into.
 
 
Angela focuses on machine quilting.... and is full of encouragement. 
 

Angela uses designs like the one above to try out new designs because if you don't like it, it is only a small part of the quilt..... what a great idea!

 
I first checked out her book from the Deschutes Public Library....
 
Free-Motion Quilting with Angela Walters
 
After a few days I knew I would regret not taking her class while she was in Oregon...
 
 
Don't forget to check out Angela's new book will be out soon.
  In the Studio with Angela Walters
 
 
Angela also teaches classes at Craftsy..... and sent me with a little info I'll bring to the next meeting....
So, check out her class..... but don't sign up for it until you come to the meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment