Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Featured Member for October......








Lindsey Kiesz









How long have you been quilting:
      I've been sewing for about 7 years.  

Who was your first quilt for:
      My grandma.  She's a quilter, so I knew she
      would appreciate the work that went into it!

I learned to sew from:
      Self taught for the first 6 years or so, then I took
      some quilt classes at local quilt shops that taught
      me so much!  I wish I would have taken a class sooner!

Favorite fabric designer or line of fabric:
      My favorite line that I have seen this year is
      Salt Air by Cosmo Cricket for Moda.

Favorite blog to follow:
      there's so many good blogs out there!  
       My favorites at the moment include Jeni at incolororder.com, and Elizabeth at ohfransson.com 


            Project you are working on now:
I have a bunch of secret christmas presents that I'm working on right now.  In addition to those, I'm working on a bunch of Mod Mosaic blocks (Elizabeth Hartman).  I'm finding that those blocks are a good way to use up scraps and little pieces of fun fabrics.  I am also making a quilt top from the Salt Air fabric line, which I am in love with.

              Favorite place to shop:
It's so hard to choose!  We have so many great shops in Central Oregon.  For that I think we are really, really lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment