Thursday, July 31, 2014

My First Quilt

Welcome to a new blog series we're calling "My First Quilt". Members are going to share pictures and a little description of their first quilt ever. To start us off, Laurie is sharing her quilt. Laurie started quilting in fall 2011, and finished this quilt in 2012.


Here is a photo of my first quilt, which I call "Bubble Gum." It's a traditional sampler quilt that I made in my very first class, but even back then I had "modern tendencies." I choose the black and white to give the quilt a gritty, urban feel (the gray inner border reminds me of oil-stained asphalt) and added the pink to represent bubble gum -- the kind you find used on the pavement. I remember being so afraid to actually cut the fabric for the blocks, but once I started cutting and sewing, I was hooked.

Bubble Gum 
And the back!




No comments:

Post a Comment