We weren't very good at smiling for photos but the quilts look amazing!! Here are some of the Modern Metallic Challenge Quilts:
Hopefully we'll get to see some of these at Quilt! Knit! Stitch! in Portland in August.
Events this month:
- Sunday, May 18th, COMQG Sew Day at Erin's. Look for an email from Erin. You'll need to RSVP to Erin, and she will also coordinate who will bring ironing boards and other sewing supplies.
- Tuesday, May 20th, 5pm to 8pm. Meeting at Stitchin' Post, business at 6.
- Thursday, May 29th, 7pm. Movie night at Christy's. Christy is going to have us over to watch a movie about the Gees Bend quilters. Bring a desert or just yourself! Look for an email for more information.
Upcoming Due Dates:
- Tuesday, June 3rd, COMQG banner blocks. read on for more information about the banner.
- Tuesday, July 15th, COMQG due date for Michael Miller Challenge. Bring your finished quilted item to the meeting for show and tell.
- Friday, July 25th, updated MQG deadline for Michael Miller Challenge.
- Make a block for the COMQG Banner! The banner will be a small, rectangular quilt, with our logo in the center, and blocks that we make as a border.
- Kayla distributed packets of fabric and instructions for making a block. The completed blocks need to be returned to Kayla on June 3rd or before.
- If you weren't at the meeting, and want a fabric packet, please contact Kayla to receive yours. It will be fun if all our members can make a block.
- The fabrics chosen are all solids, or textured solids, in cool colors, and the banner is going to look great, and be truly a collaborative effort.