Thursday, April 4, 2013

Featured Member for April.....

Janice Clayton

I started quilting in 2001.  I started with a block of the month at BJ's with my sister and 2 friends.   After class we went to my sister's home to sew It usually took all 4 of us to complete our blocks (we all remembered parts of the demo). 


I started sewing in junior high at school.  My mom and grandmother both sewed alot.   My grandmother also quilted with a ladies group at church.   When she died I inherited two of her quilts, a butterfly quilt and one which was just the top.  I was so excited that my mom and I went to BJ's, when they were on Division, and Crys helped us tie it.   It is still unbound because I want to add my touch to it - rickrack - someday.






My favorite classes:  I have taken several over the years, but my favorite was "Strip Club" at BJ's.  It was a great way to use up a lot of my leftover fabrics.   Just the name made it fun and more important - that is where I met Amy.

Favorite fabric lines: Anything that has flowers

First completed quilt:  Was a log cabin queen size quilt.  I still have it and use it sometimes on my bed.  It is too narrow and way to long!   I made it with a sewing group at church.

What am I working on now:  My challenge quilt for COMQG (just finished the top - now need to decide what to do for the back).  Also working on a snowball scrappy charm quilt and my novel idea quilt for "Snow Child".

No comments:

Post a Comment